So you want to find the best bitcoin VPN services that accept cryptocurrencies?
Being able to buy a VPN using Bitcoin is amazing, not only is it easier and faster to do, but it can also offer incredible privacy benefits. However, if you want to get a VPN with cryptocurrencies, you need a VPN provider that accepts cryptocurrencies.
Why you need VPNs for cryptocurrencies
Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are becoming more socially accepted payment methods every day, they have a great value in peer-to-peer transactions as well as storing value and freeing people from censorship-resistant oppressive governments. Here are some of the key benefits of having a VPN service.
- Privacy and protection against hackers – Since the beginning of the internet, there have always been hackers who have lured innocent people online. After the start of Bitcoin, however, cyberterrorism and attacks multiplied. A VPN is the ultimate solution for securing your computer, because it encrypts and tunnels all sent and received data. Whether you use a public wifi hotspot or private connection, good VPN guarantees that no hackers can disturb your peace.
- Surf the internet without limits With a proper VPN you are not geo-restricted in any way, this is one of the biggest freedoms among internet users, a VPN can not be restricted by location because it tunnels the data through servers around the world. You will be able to connect to certain countries’ websites from completely different places. For example, Bitmex and Deribit are both restricted to US customers, but with VPN anyone can bypass this.
A quick look at best practices when buying VPN
- Choose an anonymous VPN provider that accepts cryptocurrency payments.
- Use anonymous non-personal encrypted emailprovide as little personal information as possible.
- Pay using cryptocurrencies, for the best privacy habits, anonymize your bitcoins first.
- Download and install VPN, best practice is to route all traffic through the router.
- And that’s it! You are now ready to surf the internet more privately and securely.
Find the best VPNs that accept Bitcoin
Here you can take a quick look at the best Bitcoin VPN providers with our additional commentary.
- AirVPN – Based on OpenVPN | Run by activists and hacktivists.
- TorGuard – rich in features | 3000+ servers | 8 simultaneous connections.
- PureVPN – Leaders in Locations and Jurisdictions | Servers in over 140 countries.
- ExpressVPN – Easy to use | Speed optimized | The industry’s most trusted provider.
- NordVPN – Popular choice | Largest network | 5500+ servers and 58 countries.
- SurfShark – New award-winning | Easy to use | Lowest price VPN service provider.
- BitVPN – Bitcoin-optimized VPN service | Anonymous & No registration required.
- Private Internet access – easy for beginners | Up to 10 simultaneous connections.
AirVPN is one of the most advanced and unique opensource VPNs available today. This project is fully run by activists and hacktivists in defense of net neutrality, privacy and censorship-resistant future.
AirVPN also supports other privacy and Internet freedom related projects by either direct funding or assistance, and such projects are: Ipleak, Wikileaks, Tor, Mastodon and many others.
Due to the open source nature, this platform may have certain limitations and may not be optimal for most beginners, but for advanced users it certainly provides one of the most advanced and lowest pricing options available in the market today.
The price plans can start as low as three days for 2 € and can go up to three years for 99 € with a monthly pricing of (2.75 € / m).
- Account Required / Anonymous.
- 5 simultaneous connections per account.
- The OpenVPN protocol has many servers available.
- No monitoring and no logging of your online activities.
TorGuard is one of the fastest and most feature-rich anonymous VPN service providers available. This VPN is well designed for torrenting, but also offers all the basic features for average users such as unlimited speeds, bandwidths, kill switches, P2P file sharing and up to 8 simultaneous connections.
But where TorGuard really shines is that it offers services such as stealth proxies that hide VPN usage even from sites that would normally detect and block the use of VPN services. And this can be an extremely useful feature for certain crypto platforms.
Price starts from $ 4.99 / month billed $ 59,99 annually.
- Account creation under checkout / Anonymous.
- 7 days money back, no questions asked.
- x8 simultaneous connections allowed.
- 3000+ servers in 50+ countries.
- No logs saved, 100% private.
PureVPN is one of the industry leaders when it comes to jurisdictions. This provider has servers in over 140 countries and is among the few that are located outside of 5 eyes, 9 eyes and 14 eyes jurisdictions. Users can also purchase a VPN using Bitcoin and without having to register during the payment process. Instead, use only one email address, which then receives all the important information.
PureVPN has all the deadly features required from a reliable VPN provider such as internet kill switch, split tunneling, 5 multi logins and P2P file sharing.
$ 3.33 / month on a 2-year plan.
- No registration required / Anonymous.
- 31-day money-back guarantee.
- 5 Multi Login on a variety of devices.
- 180+ locations 2000+ servers.
- no log certified.
ExpressVPN the service is packed with all the amazing features you want from one of the world’s most trusted VPN providers. The service is designed to be super simple to use and extremely beginner friendly. ExpressVPN can be used simultaneously on 5 connections and automatically supports several different devices.
The platform is fast to use, has the basic features, and some of the more advanced such as network kill switch, split tunneling and completely unique TrustedServer, which ensures that no data is ever written on hard drives, but instead runs the servers on ram, and is automatically deleted and reinstalled at each boot.
$ 6.67 pr. month – $ 99.95 first 15 months and 12 months thereafter.
- Anonymous / No registration.
- 30 days without risk.
- Use 5 devices at a time.
- Ultra-fast servers in 94 countries.
- No activity logs and no connection logs.
NordVPN is one of the industry’s most used and popular VPN providers, with over 5500 servers across 59 countries, it is without a doubt one of the fastest VPN experiences you can get. The platform is available on all devices, accepts Bitcoin and offers all the basic features such as kill-switches and no-logging policies.
NordVPN also provides some more unique custom features such as double-encryption VPN services and one-click Tor over VPN switch, which in itself is super beneficial alone in the cryptocurrency area, basically you can beat two birds with one stone.
Price starts at $ 3.49 / month – billed every three years.
- Anonymous / Account required.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Connect 6 devices at a time.
- Access 5,472 servers worldwide.
- No log policy.
Surfshark is one of the latest award winning all in one low cost Bitcoin VPN service provider. The platform offers all the best known features with super low cost compared to other providers within the industry. Some of these features include kitten switches, MultiHopping and Camouflage Mode, which make it impossible for even your ISP to know you are using a VPN.
$ 1.99 per month – Billed every 24 months
- Anonymous / No account required.
- Refundable for 30 days.
- Unlimited devices.
- 1040+ servers in 61+ countries.
- No log policy.
BitVPN is Bitcoin-optimized and focused VPN provider. The platform allows anyone to purchase VPN completely anonymously using Bitcoin as a payment method and without having to register.
The BitVPN platform probably offers one of the easiest and fastest ways to get started for all Bitcoiners out there looking for a VPN service provider, this is because there is no need for registration, and instead it is the only , you are required to provide a working email address to which you will then receive all necessary information.
BitVPN does not have most servers, but has user-friendly apps for all devices, straightforward no registration process and all the main features such as kill switch and P2P file sharing.
$ 4.16 / month Invoiced $ 49.95 annually.
- No registration is required during the purchase process.
- 7-day money-back guarantee.
- 3 simultaneous connections and devices.
- 100+ VPN servers in 42+ countries.
- Zero traffic logs.
Private internet access
Private internet access is an affordable virtual private network (VPN) that you can register, purchase and access anonymously using Bitcoin.
This platform provides good speeds through the networks, no leaks, it is user friendly and has a comprehensive amount of tools and services for the price and is a good choice for beginners.
$ 3.33 / month. $ 39.95 per year
- Anonymous VPN / account created during payment.
- 7-day money-back guarantee.
- 10 units simultaneously.
- 3267+ servers in 29 countries.
- No traffic logs.
Choosing the right VPN for cryptocurrencies depends in most cases on personal choices and preferences. After all, VPN is only a protection tool and does not guarantee anonymity, nor should it. The most important thing to consider when using a VPN is not about which VPN to choose, but how to use it and what type of way you behave on the Internet.
That said, every VPN is a great tool against hackers, and it’s important to make sure your purchase is worth your coins, which is why we suggest taking advances on money-back guarantee services, as they most VPN service providers listed here have.
To learn more about crypto security and privacy, read our guides: